Thursday, September 9, 2010
It is Mustahab that one should have a breakfast after sunrise, pay Zakatul Fitr and then offer Eid prayers.
It is Mustahab to walk barefooted to attend Eid prayers, with all the dignity, and to do Ghusl before namaz, and to place a white turban on one's head.
* It is also Mustahab that in Eid prayers Sajdah be performed on earth, and hands be raised while saying takbirs and if you are offering salat individually recites prayers loudly. And if you are Riciting Namaz e Eid with Jamat then the follower should recite everything in the Eid prayers, except Surah al-Hamd and the other Surah.
* Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Azha prayers are obligatory during the time of Imam (A.S.), and it is necessary to offer them in congregation. However during the present times when the Holy Imam is in Occultation, these prayers are Mustahab, and may be offered individually as well as in congregation.
* The time for Eid prayers is from sunrise till Zuhr
* It is Mustahab that the following takbirs be said on Eid ul Fitr night (ie night preceding the Eid day), after Maghrib and Isha prayers, and on Eid day after Fajr prayers, as well as after Eid ul fitr prayers: "Allahu Akbar, Alllahu Akbar, la ilaha illal lah wallahu akbar, Allahu Akbar, wa lilla hil hamd, Allahu akbar ala ma hadana""
1) Eid prayers has two Rak'ats.
2) In the first Rak'at, a person should recite Surah al Hamd and a Surah
3) and then they say five takbirs, and after every takbir he should recite qunut.
4) After the fifth qunut, he should say another takbir and then perform Ruku and two Sajdah.
5) He should then stand up and recite Surah al Hamd and a Surah like first Rakat.
6) say four takbirs in the second Rak'at, and recite qunut after everyone of these takbirs.
7) Thereafter, he should say the fifth takbir and then perform Ruku and two Sajdah.
8) After the second Sajdah he should recite tashahhud, and then complete the prayers with Salam.
No particular Surah has been specified for Eid prayers But, it is better that after reciting Surah al Hamd in the first Rak'at, Surah Wash Shams be recited and in the second Rak'at Surah al Ghashiya
Any recital or Dua will suffice in qunut of the Eid Prayers. However, it is better that the following Dua is recited:
Allahumma ahlal kibriya'i wal 'azamah, wa ahlal judi wal jaburat, wa ahlal 'afwi war rahmah, wa ahlat taqwa wal maghfirah. As aluka bihaqqi hazal yawmil lazi ja'altahu lil muslimina 'ida , wali Muhammadin sal lal lahu 'Alaihi wa Alihi, zukhran wa sharafan wa karamatan wa mazida an tusalliya 'ala Muhammad wa Ali Muhammad wa an tudkhilani fi kulli khayrin adkhalta fihi Muhammadan wa Ala Muhammad wa an tukhrijani min kulli su'in akhrajta minhu Muhammadan wa Ala Muhammad salawatuka 'alahi wa 'alahim. Alla humma inni as aluka khayra ma sa alaka bihi ibadukas salihun, wa auzubika mim masta aza minhu ibadukal mukhlasun.
Note:Like in all other prayers, the follower should recite everything in the Eid prayers, except Surah al-Hamd and the other Surah.
From the Imam Mahdi Association of Marjaeya:
n the Name of God, the All-beneficent, the All-merciful
Dear Respected Brothers & Sisters,
May the peace and blessings of God be upon you!
May God accept your fasting and deeds...
As for the matter at hand, the situation regarding the crescent for the month of Shawwal is not hidden from you. As you know, the possibility of sighting the crescent in different cities in the North America (see this link http://www.crescentmoonwatch.org/assets/F2010Sep09.pdf)
It is our pleasure to receive your calls, so that you can please give any information concerning the situation of the crescent and its visibility.
Based on this, we will be available - God-willing - at the conference phone number:
(712) 451-6100 enter code 1074957#
throughout the sunset times from:
7pm EST until 7pm PST
We hope that all believers participate in this effort. We ask the Almighty Allah to shower you with His Mercy and bless you in these nights.
You have our sincere affection and appreciation.
Salam Alikum (Peace & blessings)
TOKNOWABOUT THE 1ST DAY OF SHAWWAL -EID-UL-FITR DAY
Dear Respected Believers
Salam Alikum - Peace & blessings upon you
As the 1st of Shawwal, i.e., Eid-ul-Fitr, draws near, it is important for all Muslims to understand the basics of how this month is determined and update about expectation of sighting the new crescent of the first of Shawwal.
Months in the Islamic calendar follow a lunar system, meaning that the months are determined through observation of different phases of the moon. As the moon revolves around the earth, it reflects different amounts of sunlight, so that we see only parts or the entire moon. At the end of every month, the moon fades away and a new moon is born. At that phase, the moon cannot be seen in the night sky. With passing time, the moon changes its position so that it reflects more and more of the sun's light. When the new crescent moon is seen in this phase, a new month begins.
On the 29th of the month, Muslims around the globe observe the night sky and try to sight the new crescent moon and determine the beginning of the month. If the new crescent moon is sighted on that night, the next day will mark the beginning of the month. If the moon is not seen on the 29th, the 30th day is considered the last day of the month. The following day will then be the first day of the next month.
Our Grand Jurists have different opinions on some of the particulars of moon sighting, therefore we will briefly address the following topics:
* How the moon is sighted?
* Whose testimony do we rely on?
* The validity of astronomical data.
* Sharing the curve of sighting
HOW THE MOON IS SIGHTED?
The first issue is in regards to how the new crescent moon is sighted. Jurists, including His Eminence Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani, hold that the possibility of observing the new crescent moon by the naked eye needs to exist, without the use of any optical aid.
WHOSE TESTIMONY DO WE RELY ON?
Because most individuals cannot observe the new crescent moon themselves, Islam gives individuals other methods for confirming the beginning of the lunar month. The individual can rely on the testimony of two just men who sighted the new crescent moon in their area. A general consensus among the people as to the beginning of the new lunar month can also be used to verify a sighting, if it is in line with the opinions of the jurist one emulates.
THE VALIDITY OF ASTRONOMICAL DATA
Our jurists have also addressed the question of the validity of astronomical data in determining the new lunar month. Based on the experts who provide astronomical data, they emphasize that their data does not predict the visibility of the moon with certainty (Source: http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/astronomical-information-center/cres-moon-islamic); they can only calculate with high precision the time of birth of the new moon. Therefore, it cannot be relied on with certainty in determining the sighting of the new crescent moon. In addition, we can rely on astronomical data to verify where the new crescent moon cannot be seen.
SHARING CURVE OF SIGHTING
A sighting of the new crescent moon in a city can be used to determine the beginning of the new month in that city and its vicinity. According to the view of His Eminence Grand Ayatollah Sayid Ali Al-Sistani, if the new crescent moon was sighted in one area, the sighting can also be used to determine the beginning of the month in areas sharing the same curve of sighting. In such areas, the altitude and size of the new crescent moon is close to one another. (To find out altitude and size of the new crescent moon at any location, please refer to the following site: http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/alt-az-us).
Based on the astronomical data http://www.crescentmoonwatch.org/nextnewmoon.htm North America most likely will be divided to several areas. We ask the believers to try the sight the new crescent tonight Thursday 09/09/2010 at sunset. In case the New Crescent is sighted please contact and join the Crescent Committee on the toll free conference call number:
* (712) 451-6100 (pass code 1074957#)
* From 7:00 PM (EST) till 7:30 PM (PST) to submit your reports
The Crescent Committee of the Council of Shia Muslims Scholars in North America will be announcing the details of the beginning of the Month of Shawwal, by the end of the night insha Allah.
We ask the Almighty God to bless you and accept your fasting and prayer during this Holy Month, and to shower you with His Mercy and advance you further in your work.